• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wonderful, wonderful books

Prairie_Girl: I love your description.

I really don't understand those who don't read. I'm happy to say that more people I work with are reading more now then they used to, I always bring my book with me to work, I'm always talking about books. And when they find a book they like they come to me and tell me because they know that I'll be happy for them. I've even had few people come to me and say that they want to read more now. Others come to me and say tell me a good book or lend me a good one. It's nice to have an impact one people. :D

well, i have to disagree with a book changing your disposition for the better. I experience the characters' feelings very much, so I feel whatever the character feels. Sometimes I get really deptressed and don't know why..then figure out it's because of my book. I also get overemotional when characters die, things change...and then i get into obsessive phases with some really good books and can't stop thinking about them, and realize i can't be part of the story, and that gets me really depressed. But once i get over the depression, i have another book to run to if i'm feeling like I hit rock bottom.

I find that my bus trips that I take between Kamloops and Abbotsford seem to fly by when I'm into a good book. I spent 3 and a half hours this afternoon on the bus and I read the entire way and the time just seem to melt away. I managed to read a number of pages of the book that I am "currently reading" and then read a bunch more from another book I am currently reading as well.

As for my mood, I think it depends on what the character is feeling and how I am feeling as well. I sometimes don't get the great feeling, even while reading a book that I enjoy.

I do that too. I don't drive so I either walk or take the city buses most of the time. Walking and reading is dangerous (especially when you're as uncoordinated as I am) but reading on the bus is great. I've been known to get through halves of books in my commute when I'm taking classes (45-50 minute commute each way).

In my experience, it depends completely on the "wonderful" book. Sometimes a book is wonderful where I read it very slow, to take it all in and appreciate it, and other times it's an "I have to finish you" kind of thing, where it's good, but I want to get to the end because of said goodness. I guess it is like the one night stand/lover thing.

Most of the time, however, I am my normally irritated self when I'm reading a good book, if not moreso. I hate it when daily activities disrupt my reading time. I'm a very spoiled reader.

Back