• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Word Association

what, where and when

Off topic, Meadow, are you asking why treats on Halloween? It's customary in Canada and the US to hand out candy to the 'trick or treaters' on Halloween, to keep the tricksters away from your home and keep your home safe - tied in with religion and All Hallows Eve, lots of information on the Internet for the background superstition, this is in case you didn't know - do you have anything similar in SA? It's just a fun thing now because the significance has been lost over time.

This is a word association game - my response to 'Halloween' is 'why'.

This is a word association game - my response to 'Halloween' is 'why'.
Sorry, I didn't think that Halloween and why were associated, just thought you were asking about Halloween, maybe something you hadn't encountered.

chips

Presumably there would have been a question mark, if that were the case.

Anyhow, resuming the game sans discussion:

Grease.

Presumably there would have been a question mark, if that were the case.

Anyhow, resuming the game sans discussion:

Grease.

Was trying to be helpful to someone who does not live on this continent. I'm not sure that it needed a Moderator intervention, if that's what this is. Sort of sorry I started this thread.

John Travolta

If I needed clarification on something as ubiquitous as halloween I would not have been as oblique in my question :)

next word:

dancing

Back