• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

WorldCon 2005

Stewart

The world convention for fantasy and sci-fi stuff (or speculative, if you'd prefer) starts off today in Glasgow and runs until Sunday.

Anyone got any preference about who I should go along and punch?

Currently, I'm thinking Terry Pratchett.

Stewart said:
The world convention for fantasy and sci-fi stuff (or speculative, if you'd prefer) starts off today in Glasgow and runs until Sunday.

Anyone got any preference about who I should go along and punch?

Currently, I'm thinking Terry Pratchett.

Anyone wearing Mr Spock ears

From the list of people attending i would suggest you punch Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchett and anyone with a elf costume.

Stewart said:
Wrong thread, mate. Take the first left, second door on the right.

Perhaps we need a sub-forum for spammy folks who you manage to upset. Wanna create a poll on it?

I certainly won't be going along to. £25 to laugh at people dressed as pixies; no thanks. Althouhgh, for that price alone, I'd get to punch Pratchett. Maybe I should create a poll. :rolleyes:

Stewart said:
£25 to laugh at people dressed as pixies

Actually, looke like it's more like £40 if you want to go on the day there's pixies there. I can't imagine shelling out that kindof cash for a big geeky costume party.

I've just received the following email from my colleague's girlfriend who works at the WorldCon venue:

I've just seen a man dressed as a wolf, with a green cape, queueing up for the ATM on the concourse. And its only ten past ten!

What must these people be thinking? :D

Stewart said:
What must these people be thinking?

Something along the lines of: "What sort of a life is this??" perhaps?

Sadly Sean Wright will not be in attendance, as I understand he's in Australia.

Wrong thread, mate. Take the first left, second door on the right.

Young man, one should not be subject to your impudence on this forum.

You are obviously a mean twisted little person for whom grandeur will never trouble your delusions.

Dierdre said:
Young man, one should not be subject to your impudence on this forum.

You are obviously a mean twisted little person for whom grandeur will never trouble your delusions.

Have you thought of setting that to music? You could use Pomp and Circumstance.

My dearest Dierdre (I always thought it was Deirdre, but then some people spell Denise as Deniece; there's no accounting for some people's parents), may I remind you that the young man in question has been in this forum for a long time while spammers come and go?:D Will you still be here on Monday?

Back