• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Would you use a "Book Collector" software prog?

Would you use a "Book Collector" program?

• Yes, but only if it was free or donationware.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes, and I would be prepared to pay a small fee eg $US10-25

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I already use another book catalogue prog

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not sure...

• No, it's not for me

• Total voters

Darren

I've been chatting to a software developer about a "Book Collector" software package. It would allow you to manage your library of books, and also create a wishlist of books that you wanted. It would be based on DVD Collector but would be for books instead.

We'd like some feedback about whether this sort of project would be used by book lovers and collectors...

Thanks.

Darren.

I don't think I'd really use it, no. I'm quite happy about my alphabetically ordered bookshelves. ;)

And even when I make lists of books I want to buy, I never stick to them. I end up going to the book store and coming back with other books.

But I guess for some people it would be a great help.

I'm looking into the collectorz.com version as we speak...it cant hurt to try out the trial, i dont suppose....

IMHO these 'Collector' applications never seem to give you exactly what you want and I would suggest that we would all need a variation on the central theme. It would therefore need to be ultra-configurable for the user and this would need more development, more complex coding and thus is more expensive.

It's so easy to create your own using a database application (even and Excel spreadsheet could be used) that I would choose this route every time.

Dave B (after several months absence)

I like your idea of providing the book collector software i think its a best option for keeping the records of your books collection and i think book lovers will surely like it.

I already use such software and have done so for several years. It's called Bookbag Plus. I like it because it is on my PC and my PDA phone so I have my list of books with me.

I'm using one at the moment on my iPad called BookCrawler. I'm still in the midst of cataloging everything, but there's something quite nice in browsing this by flipping through on the screen.

The main reason I'm doing this is because I have crap memory - I want to quickly check through if I have bought a particular book already (useful for filling in holes in fantasy series collections).

Back