• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writers Block

$cott03

Hi, i am a writer although am struggeling to to start my book as i cant keep to the same story and keep wanting to change ideas. I feel my story is going to fast and that i am getting to far into the book to fast.

Any sugestions?

Scott

I'm not a writer, but when I watched an interview with JK Rowling recently, she had a very strict plan of where she wanted to go with the books and the characters.

If new ideas come to mind, either try to fit them into your existing plan, or put them aside for later books.

What's your book roughly about?

thanks.

my book is about a man who ets shot and wakes in a hospital
to find out his wife has been kidnapped and the adventures he goes on to get her back.

What do you think?

I'd say you've got your basic idea so start writing it and see where the story goes. Keep a separate notebook for ideas and if you come unstuck with the book dip into the notebook and see what you can use. Also you'll have numerous rewrites to do so the ideas notebook will definitely come in handy then. :)

Some writers outline, some don't. If you have problems staying on target, you may want to give it a try.

Back