• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writers page w/photographic menu

ineldorado

I've added a writers page to my site with a menu of photographs. Hover your pointer over each face to get the name of the writer. So far, each writers page consists only of a link or three. I'll be adding more later, but for now the main item of interest for me is seeing the faces of some of my favorite writers on one page.

www.geocities.com/ineldorado/writers.htm

It's always interesting to see what some of these people look like. I've often built up totally the wrong image of someone from their writings!

You might want to add an alt tag to the images so that it displays the name of the writer when you hover over it.

Darren.

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
You might want to add an alt tag to the images so that it displays the name of the writer when you hover over it.

Darren.

Thanks for mentioning that. I've seen that on pages but I didn't know what it was called or how to do it. After you said "alt tag", I looked it up and added it to the page. Now the ID pops up over the image when you hover. :D

:D :D :D
Your post made me laugh out loud because I'm obsessed with finding a picture of the author I'm reading - I need to know what they look like to complete the experience. I'm always bringing pics to my book club meetings......

Excellent page, btw. Kudos for ALTennyson!

Back