• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writing as a child

Catalyst

Do any of you remember stories or such that you did at school? I remember when i was about 12/13 we had an english class. It was my favourite class because that day we were allowed to write a short story about anything. I wrote a horror about a family that moved into a house. There was a locked door to a room. After some spooky goings on the door was opened and there was a ghost of a boy that lured people into the room by playing his flute. Then he would shut the door and trap that person in there forever!!!!! Lol.

Anyone else remember anything they wrote when they were young? :D

To my eternal shame, I wrote a book about my cat Bama when I was eight years old for Young Authors. I still have it somewhere, but I secretly long to throw it away and no longer look at the crayon drawings, poor technique, and messy handwriting. I don't care how young I was, it's awful. There were a couple others I did that weren't quite as bad when I was a little older...I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from entering the contest.

I wrote a lot of crap when I was young. For an assignment in the fourth grade I wrote a story about a houseplant. I can't remember anything about it except that it was written from the point of view of a plant.
I also wrote a ton of short stories in my free time about animals. I loved horses (still do!) and wrote some stories from the point of view of wild horses. Inspired by Black Beauty, no doubt. I also one time wrote a 130 pages about a leopard. Ha. I can't remember what happened, but I do recall being very disappointed when I finally lost it after a couple years of middle school. It filled several notebooks. Needless to say all this writing had a very negative effect on my grades. My parents couldn't understand how it was that I could slave away for hours and hours at my notebooks and never manage to turn in any homework. :p

Ah, yes I remember. When I was little I LOVED dogs. I wrote a whole series of short stories about a pack of dogs that lived in the woods...it was REALLY bad. But I was oh so proud of it. There must have been at least 15 stories...let's see if I can remember all the names of the dogs...
Spark, Arlo, Shep, Wolf, Pancho...and that's all I remember

Back