• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writing Contest

leckert

Don't know if this is the right place for this post or not, but...

Has anyone been solicited by "FanStory.com" to enter a writing contest?

Is this something I should steer away from?

They are offering a $100 Visa Gift Card to the winner, and "online publication"...

Any info?

I did some research on this site for you. It seems that in order to win one must be a member of Fanstory.com. You can sign up for the free trial (which I did using a temporary e-mail address), but in order to get reviews of your work and/or participate in contests, you must upgrade this free membership at a cost of five bucks a month, or about forty bucks per year. Alas, this is just another one of those money-wasting schemes.

Thanks, SirMyk.

I will follow the tone of your last sentence and refrain from joining.

I was aware of the membership requirements, I was kind of wondering if they actually awarded prizes, and what value their "publication" had.

I wrote "What My Father Said" (see 'writer's showcase') as an entry to one of their contests last year, then decided not to pay for the membership.

Thanks for your work, and your feedback.

I almost sent an entry off once. I wrote it according to the guidlines and about the photo they put with it, but then i realised my money involved and thought it sounded dodgy..i wouldnt enter it!

and thanx sirmyk for the research! very kind

lani

leckert said:
Don't know if this is the right place for this post or not, but...

Has anyone been solicited by "FanStory.com" to enter a writing contest?

Is this something I should steer away from?

They are offering a $100 Visa Gift Card to the winner, and "online publication"...

Any info?

Interesting, I like the web site...I might have a go at this!

Back