• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writing easier than marketing

RichardLowry

I have recently published my first book. Now I have found that marketing my book is much more difficult than writing.

Please take a moment and help me develop a list of marketing techniques that we can all use.

I will start.

Develop your own web site and make it interactive. Use something that will make readers want to return regularly. (I think this is a great idea even though I haven't implemented it in my own site - yet.)

Haven't played around with it much, but what options does
Amazon give you re:entering info, reviews, etc?

Send your book out for review. Post your reviews. Join email lists, but don't join just to promote. Use a sig line. Um...give away free books. :) I give away many more than I ever sell. I write because I enjoy it, and I like sharing my works with others, so it doesn't bother me to give them away. List your works with Fictionwise if you can afford it. I can't, but what they hey. Link swap. Join EPIC if your book is electronically published. I totally suck at promotion, so I'm not much help here.

Back