• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Writing Questions / Information

sirmyk

Should there be a "Writing Questions" or "Writing Information" section under Writing and Publishing, a place where aspiring writers can go to ask general questions about manuscript format, agent and publisher requirements, and such? There seems to be a lot of these types of threads appearing in the Writer's Block section, among other places. I think this would make for some great discussion. Any thoughts?

YESSS
There isnt really anywhere to post things like that at the moment and then they all end up in writers showcase...
Its a great idea.
We should also have a writing contest forum....Members set themes for other members.
Lani

sirmyk said:
There seems to be a lot of these types of threads appearing in the Writer's Block section

Hardly surprising when you read the forum's description:

If you are a writer and want to chat about the best way to get yourself known, then this is your area. If you want to publish your work but don't know how then ask in here.

Think of it as a bit of wordplay - Writers' Block, the place where writers live - and it may just get you through.

Stewart said:
Hardly surprising when you read the forum's description:

Think of it as a bit of wordplay - Writers' Block, the place where writers live - and it may just get you through.
I understand the wordplay... I just think it's crap and should be separated: one section for actual writer's block, another second for writer's questions / information.

I second you Sirmyk...
(btw...your book was meant to come today and it didnt!! hopefully tomoz!! Damn Amazon)

lani

Perhaps I'm just slow, but I always thought it was supposed to be more along the lines that Stewart mentioned. It seems to me that "Writer's Block" itself is such a small topic that it doesn't really need it's own forum. I looked through the posts in this forum and it seemed (at a very quick glance) that there are only four threads in the last six months directly relating to "Writer's Block" and one of them was about the posibility that it doesn't exist.

I tend to think that broader categories are more better. Why clutter TBF with a bunch of "specialized" boutique forums? Just start a new thread, your question will get answered. or use the search function.

Back