• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

YARGH! Need help with Kindle and Mobi2Pocket please

Alix

I've followed the instructions given here but can't get the stupid book to open. I get a message telling me to remove it from my device and download again. What the *bleep* am I doing wrong?

The stuff you linked to is a Python script. So...I need you to tell me exactly what you did. Exactly.

I downloaded the Mobi2Pocket thing from the link. And then put the icon on my Dock. I opened it and put in my Kindle #.

I went to my library site, put in the requisite ID number and downloaded a Mobi book. I then dragged the book from my Downloads to the Icon. I got an AZW file. I plugged in my Kindle and tried to move the book to my document folder. I got it to my Kindle for Mac page and tried to open it...that's when I got the error message to download the book again.

What did I do wrong?

You can read library books on your Kindle if you go through the Mobi2Pocket thingy. It changes them from a DRM to an AZW and then you can load them onto the Kindle. I'm ALMOST there...but not quite. I've screwed something up and can't quite figure it out.

You can read library books on your Kindle if you go through the Mobi2Pocket thingy. It changes them from a DRM to an AZW and then you can load them onto the Kindle. I'm ALMOST there...but not quite. I've screwed something up and can't quite figure it out.

Gotcha...no, not really...I'll need to be walked through that with someone holding my hand.

And I liked Murray better as your avatar!;)

Did Murray show up? It said picture failed to upload? I liked him better too. I'll go try again.

Thanks Canker, I'll keep it in mind if I get stuck again. I got this working and its easy as pie so I'll stick with it a bit.

Back