• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Yeah!! Sci Fi Fantasy Review on A King's Quest vol 1 The Kingdom Chron.

avwedhorn

Got a great review on my book from sci fi fantasy world. I love getting good reviews from people who actually have read my book. I have several bad reviews from some people who I upset at a web board who didn't even read the book. So an actual review from a real reviewer means a lot.
Here it is

SFF World Review

A King’s Quest’ tells the story of one man’s journey as he discovers that he is the rightful heir to the 14 Kingdoms of Kallamar and must accept his responsibility in restoring peace to the land. Damien Daverge, son of the former King who was murdered 10 years ago, departs on a quest to locate the Dragon Rings and prove his true identity. The 14 Kingdoms are presently on the verge of civil war as the land is divided between those who follow the ruling Regent and those who oppose his unjust laws. In a race against time Damien draws on the skills and power he has been instructed in as a battlemage. He must claim his throne before the Regent’s son comes of age and returns the exiled Elvynn Masters to the world, dooming humankind to eternal slavery.
This book immediately grabbed my attention as the author wasted no time in placing the main hero into a sticky situation packed with vividly described action. A number of intriguing characters are quickly introduced and I felt as if I was physically there, watching the interaction between the group members
Apart from a tendency to ‘over-write’, A.V.Wedhorn has created some amazing images with his original descriptions and soon become caught up in this fantasy world. I think that the author’s strength lies in the faster-paced action sequences, particularly towards the end of the book when the wheel of story-telling never loses momentum.
Overall I enjoyed reading this story with its politics, scheming and interesting fight scenes. It provides the reader with an entertaining tale and a perfect amount of complexity so that you eagerly turn the page in order to learn more. I strongly recommend ‘A King’s Quest'

Back