• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You have to try this!

:(

I had this idea about a year ago, seems like I was too late. But I'm still going to try and make my idea become reality. Its similar to bookcrossings, but its not exactly the same.

The URL is here:

http://www.thebookchain.com

Instead of releasing books into the wild the idea is you pass the book to someone on the website that actually wants to read it. I hope my idea works, I don't plan to gain any money from it other then just satisfaction in seeing the idea work!

I hate to break this to you but... Bookcrossing already does that :) They have 3 things they they do. First they do like a book chain where you pass the book from person to person until the last keeps it. The other is a book ring where people sign up and they share the book with each other and finally it goes back to the first person. Lastly, a book box. This is where they get a box of books. They send it around a list. Each person takes a book from the box and puts in a new book. When the sender finally gets the box back ( in theory ) they have lots of new books to read!

Anyway, sure there is room for more than one of this type of thing on the net.

Question: Does your web site have any way to guarantee that the person you are sharing with is going to be trustworthy enough? Maybe you can have a kinda rating system like Ebay and Amazon? Each time you share a book with somebody and it is returned and when it's returned it's in the same condition that you sent it, that person could get a star by their name.

Hmm, thanks for the information. I'm not too upset about it I guess :) .

I love the idea of sharing books in this way, but I just feel like I can make a good attempt at this idea.

I want the website to be independent of 'culture' so that it appeals to anyone, anywhere. I'm already working on language files so the whole website will be available in other languages (French and German to start with).

As I'm still developing this website any ideas you guys might have would be very useful! I don't want to 'overload' the website with features, essentially I want to keep it quite simple in order to make it user-friendly. But if you do have an idea I'd like to hear it! As I'm working on this on my own its sometimes nice to hear what other people think as it may be something I haven't thought of yet.

Cheers!

Back