• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Young Adult Book....Can't Remember Name

FoxyZombie

O.K....I need your help.

I read this book when I was about 14 and for some reason, the storyline stuck with me until this day...I have tried my hardest to find it, but I can't seem to find anyone that has ever read it...

The format of the book alone was different than most. Each chapter started out with a word from the dictionary, but the definition would describe what was going on in the story. For example:

strange (stray'nj'): this word barely covers what I was about to have happen.

The book was about a young girl that starts to have flashbacks of a former life. It all revolves around the song 'Three Blind Mice', because that was the song (less a few notes) in the girls jewelry box in her past life. When the girl comes across the jewelry box, she starts to remember even more. Such as the her former name, the town she grew up in, etc, etc. When the girl goes to that town, she sees a old man in a shop, and recognizes him as her brother in her past life...the brother that had killed her.

Does anyone know what the title to this story is?? It has been haunting me for 14 years!!! :(

Oh man! I have been searching for the title of this EXACT book for a year. Thank you for posting a description, that was more than I had. All I had to go on really was a ditch, a snake, birds... and the picture in my mind of the old man which i couldn't describe.
Did you ever find out what it was??
Marisa

I asked over at the Shocklines board. Two members responded -- both of them think it's On That Dark Night by Carol Beach York.

Let me know if that's the one, and I'll make sure to thank them. (Those guys are good!)

I'm sorry, don't know that book, but it sounds good. Could anyone confirm if this is indeed the title? I would love to read it.

I just finished one titled Things Forgotten by Thomas N Tabback. The main character is a modern-day cop, gets shot while on duty and is awakened in ancient times and he has to remember things in order to get back to present. I Love books like these.

I'll keep tabs for the confirmation.

Back