• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Young Adult book..setting Skokie, IL???

abkeith

I read and did a book report in 8th grade on a book that I would like to read again, but can not, for the life of me remember the name. It was fiction, took place in Skokie, Illinois, the main character was a male, I remember the phrase "what goes around comes around" being mentioned. I think the title was something with "invisible" or "door" possibly. I think the character could go back in history through a door in his house??
Please Help!!!

Mr. Was, by Pete Hautman, perhaps?

Pub. Date: March 1998

"After Jack witnesses his mother's brutal murder by his alcoholic father, he travels through a mysterious door in his grandfather's home and ends up in an earlier time. He decides to grow up there, so that in 55 years he can prevent his mother's death, but a jealous friend and World War II stand in his way. The story is told very effectively by a series of four notebooks found in 1952 by Jack's father. Suspense and mystery will keep the reader glued to this book until the end, when all of the pieces of the puzzle eventually come together."

Back