• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your favorite position

audreybee

Okay, get your minds out of the gutter... ;)

What position do you consider the most comfortable for reading? Do you read while lying down, sitting in a chair, or at a table or desk? Or do you enjoy reading in a more creative pose?

If the weather is nice, then in the hammock under my favorite tree but if indoors I have a big overstuffed chair that I like to flop all over and read in.

sitting on the sofa tucked into the corner with my legs up. i like to have the window behind me for better light.

Sitting in my computer chair (its not a wobbly office one)or in bed. Or sometimes in the summer lying under a tree in a park.

Sitting on the sofa in the living room. I used to read in bed but now I never do - my arms get cold!

At school in the study area, on my couch, propped up in bed with three pillows... it doesn't matter... I'll read anywhere I can!

Lying on my tummy in my bed. So cozy! Of course, I always end up dozing off before I even finish a chapter...

Hehe I have the same problem, finally some time to finish your book and then your eyelids get sooooo heavy! :eek: :p

Hollis said:
Lying on my tummy in my bed. So cozy! Of course, I always end up dozing off before I even finish a chapter...

Feeti up in My fav place in all the World...My Large s :) fa 'Heaven'
Only prob is I'm so comfy I fall asleep :(

I used to read leaning my chair back against my bed, with my feet propped up on my desk, but i swapped beds and rearranged my room so I can't!!!

So I now read sitting up on my bed, leaning against the wall.

I mostly read in bed at night to help me get to sleep, but I also find it lovely and cosy on the sofa on a sunday afternoon under a duvet and eating a bag of salt & vinegar crisps. My favourite time of the week.

I always change my position. For a couple pages I'm laying down in bed, then when something gets uncomfortable, I sit up. Then when something gets uncomfortable, I lay down again and so on.

Would love to do what you guys do; curled up in bed or outside in a
hammock sounds bliss but I've got eyesight problems so have to stay at my desk with a CCtv camera, got a real comfy chair so lounge back and put my feet up on an open drawer.

Back