• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your favorite position

I also like to read in a hot relaxing bath. Only trouble is I'm quite short. 5ft1" so I find it uncomfortable to lay back, as my head and feet don't quite touch the ends. Instead I sit in the bath width ways, my head resting against the wall and my legs dangling over the edge. Sounds very uncomfortable, but actually it's not at all. You should try it!
bath.gif

The best is by far sitting with the book either resting on a table or my lap. With lighter books I might hold it up in front of my face.

Hey, a short post for once!
ahome.halden.net_oystein.holm_olsen_calvin_snowscream.gif

Favourite position is probably lying face down on my bed, preferably late into the night or in the early morning. But I'll pretty much read anywhere, so it's not a particularly important preference. I also love reading while I eat (though that does lead to me ruining a lot of my books). The only place I absolutely cannot stand reading, is outside. Not sure why exactly, but the longest I can sit outside reading, no matter the weather or comfortableness of my deck chair, is maybe an hour. Beyond that and I'm just itching to go out and do something, or else to go back inside and finish my book. Could be that there is just too much to distract me from the book.

Genie said:
I also like to read in a hot relaxing bath. Only trouble is I'm quite short. 5ft1" so I find it uncomfortable to lay back, as my head and feet don't quite touch the ends. Instead I sit in the bath width ways, my head resting against the wall and my legs dangling over the edge. Sounds very uncomfortable, but actually it's not at all. You should try it!
bath.gif
I love to do that. I'm even shorter than you, but for me it's uncomfortable to sit in the bath width ways so I do the best I can with lying back.

propped up against my pillows in bed :) And it's great when you get the munchies around 12am! Go and get a glass of ice cold milk (skimmed if course) & some biscuits or chocolate.... just be careful of the crumbs!!!

In my bed, laying against my pillows, either that or sitting up on the couch (I prefer the first one more though)

lying down in bed, my mum shouts at me cause she thinks it will damage my back but if it does then i wont have to get up and can lie all day reading

Get my mind out of the gutter? Darn.

Okay, we'll compromise. My favorite position is with my husband and me reading to each other in bed.

Back