• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your favorite Restaurant

too late... i ate the breadsticks and the salad.. was not too bad though, except that the breadsticks were swimming in oil... :( I felt soo bad i almost ate them just to save them from drowning...

honeydevil said:
too late... i ate the breadsticks and the salad.. was not too bad though, except that the breadsticks were swimming in oil... :( I felt soo bad i almost ate them just to save them from drowning...

Yea, that's about the only thing I will eat there. The salad is good, but the breadsticks are way too salty.

Sorry for the diversion. Back on track...

mehastings said:
Yea, that's about the only thing I will eat there. The salad is good, but the breadsticks are way too salty.

Sorry for the diversion. Back on track...

it's my thread, highjack and spam it as long as you want.. if somebody want to still tell me their favorite restaurant, knock yourself out.. :D

Who we're dining with defines the best restaurant. If the kids are going out with us, then the Olive Garden will do unless we want steak, then there is nothing like the Outback.

Most of the time it just me and my wife, and I like to go someplace where the lights are turned down low and there are candles on the tables. Something quiet enough to allow us to talk for a couple of ours without having to talk over noise or other conversations. We have several resterants in the area that fit the description, but their not national chains or anything, so it's very likely that you would have heard of any of them.

i actually figured that most of your favorit restaurants aren't national chains... i wanted to know what makes it different? why do you always go back? what did happen is this restaurant? Is it a family business or a big roomy place... this sort of thing... :D
so shoot robert...

Well, my absolute favorite restaurant, is unfortunately in Longboat Key, Florida... I am in Southern Illinois. My grandma has a condo down there and we used to go down there all the time, with college I don't get to go so much anymore. However, it's called Columbia's. And it is delicious!! It serves all kinds of things, but I go there solely for their famous 1904 Salad. It has cheese, ham, olives, tomatoes, and this wonderful dressing on it. I just can't even describe it...it's that good. There's a few scattered throughout the state of Florida...I know there's one in Tampa. Has anyone else here ever heard of them!??!

However, since I do live in Illinois...my favorite restaurant up here is Hunan's in Carbondale. It's a chinese restaurant and it's soooooooo good. I always eat the Mongolian Beef, Chicken Fried Noodles, and one Spring Roll. However, sometimes I do eat the Shrimp in Garlic Sauce. It's just delicious...I could eat there every day!! And when I get into my apartment in Carbondale in August, I'll get to eat there a lot! I'll be broke, lol!!!

one of my favourite restaurants is in nyc..the gramercy tavern....not only was the food great, but it was an experience in itself

Back