• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your most Treasured Book

My most treasured book is an old nursery rhyme/fairytale collection that was once my mothers. Its a lovely brown hardback, about twice the size of a regular hardback, and feel almost suede to touch. And it's pretty much the only thing I have left of her. Second would be the first 5 Dune books that were/are my Dads. Its what got me into reading and the first real novels I read.

That's a really hard question! I treasure all my books but I guess I could say the most treasured is the first book I ever had- an illustrated children's bible that was given to me when I was an infant...some of the pages are covered with crayon marks from when I was small and didn't know any better but I still love to look at it.

The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - a huge hardbound book with pages as it was printed in the Strand Magazine, complete with illustrations. Includes all four novels. Pure canon.

Anyone messes with this book will turn ugly and lose all fashion sense. And nobody wants that.

ds

I love old leather bound books; the feel and the smell of them, the sense of time and history is something unique. The oldest of my collection is a leather bound 1810 edition of *The North-west Passage by Land* by Viscount Milton, as it was also a gift, it has to be my most treasured. But I love all books; each are valued, some are friends.

I have my father's copy of "Idylls of the King" that he used when he was in university (late 1930s). It's a tiny hardcover book (about 3" x 5"). It has all his underlinings, circlings and notes in the margins.

As far as edition wise... I suppose my most treasured would be "The Stand" by Stephen King. My boyfriend gave it to me on our 2nd anniversary.

But I guess my most treasured would be The Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice because it was the first thing I read after graduating high school. And for some reason, that means a lot to me.

Hmm... I really don't know.

I treasure all my books but if I had a copy of Soldiers Heart I would guard it with my life as it is responsible for getting me interested in books!

This is going to sound strange. I don't get attatched to most of my books, but for some reason, I'm really attached to my Harry Potter books, particularly the first one and the fifth one (because I have them in hardcover, and I paid for them myself.) I usually buy books used, so most of them are really cheap, but my Harry Potter books HAVE to be new, and I prefer them in hardcover.

I am currently exchanging (?) my paperback and UK first edition Stephen King books for 1st edition US hardcovers. Whew! There are a few I won't get for a long while! Only 10 to go! Needless to say, when you look at my bookshelves (there are over 1000 books there) the S Ks stand out even though I have all the books by around 10 authors. I don't care what form they're in, so there are lots of paperbacks and trade versions and the S Ks are REALLY noticeable.

I don't have the original ones I used to have, but I received a treasury of Curious George stories and bought a reprinted copy of "The Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster. I remember making my mom read Curious George to me before I learned to read myself, and of all the childhood books I read, "The Phantom Tollbooth" made an impact on me.

My most reasured books are my Rohl Dahl books that i used to read with my gran, they are classics and remind me of the pure joy of reading for reading sake, esp as im at un i and reading loads of stuff i hate just to get a degree.

Back