• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Angels & Demons

So . . . has anyone made unnecessarily snarky comments yet?

It seemed like people were leaving reviews of the book instead of the movie. That's the only reason I asked if anyone saw the film yet.

I saw the movie and really liked it. It's very entertaining and a good triller. I just didn't get why they changed certain aspects of the story like, for example
changing who becomes the pope

It seemed like people were leaving reviews of the book instead of the movie. That's the only reason I asked if anyone saw the film yet.

Page one of this thread is only about the book but page 2 brought it back on track since the movie just came out.

I saw it last Saturday. I have to say that after Da Vinci Code my expectations weren't too high (I fell asleep watching it), but from what I remembered about Angels and Demons it had a lot more potential as an action movie than DVC ever did. It was fun for the most part, but the speeches were painful (like the Keanu speech:lol:). It'd be a lot more enjoyable if they didn't all take themselves so seriously...

I took the film as a "popcorn" action thriller that doesn't require too much thinking - as such, I quite liked it (actually better than "Da Vinci" which was way too confusing).

Finished it last week and I have reserved a copy of his new book out in July.

Through his characters he does more to promote the existence of a God than that other work of fiction by Dawkins does to disprove the existence of a God. 1-0 to Dan Brown. :)

I read the book a few years ago. Thought that it was so-so. Saw the movie last summer and thought that it was mainly a lot of hype. There wasn't anything really memorable and the climatic scene in both the book and the movie were both very unbelievable.

I have watched that film...

Great Film, Bad Adaptation. At first I was upset that certain sections of the book and certain characters were removed, however, for the film to be realistic enough for audiences to follow, those changes were essential. People have to remember that an author has the freedom over 400 pages to explore what the charcter says, does, believes or thinks, as well as creating new plot twists. A filmmaker only has 2 to 3 hours max to achieve this. If you go into the cinema thinking that any adaptation film would be an exact replica of the book, then you are an idiot. This film was a better result than the DaVinci Code!

what nonsense??
dan is a really gud writer... he might not be the best but he is undoubtedly really gud....
a&d is meant 4 ppl who indulge in deep thinking wich clearly shows u dont....but if u say twilight sucks....then yeah....i agree

dose not need evidence. anyone with a proper noes understands that the book is complete bull crap....

enough BS in this book to fertilze Africa and make her a world power...

howw can u thnk this is bull crap...it definately isnt among the best of books but definately its not bad...i really liked angels nd demons and will continue 2 like the rest of his books also...

what nonsense??
dan is a really gud writer... he might not be the best but he is undoubtedly really gud....
a&d is meant 4 ppl who indulge in deep thinking wich clearly shows u dont....but if u say twilight sucks....then yeah....i agree
I am now reconsidering my opinion of Twilight. :whistling:

Horriable horriable and horriable... I can't not believe that people paid for these book... I mean really money and now movies are being made of them...

A&D is a horriable book not because the topic because of the wroting and story telling... I think book should come with instruction on how to properly rip the pages out one at a time so it can be used to wipes one ass... either and elixar for time so one can regain the time spent reading or watching this horriable horriable book...

Dan Brown please stop writing go do sothing else....maybe testing experimentle parchutes would be a great job for you...

angels and demons may not b one of the best books but definately is a book worth reading and spending money for.....i havnt really watched the movie so i may not have any right of opinion but its a great piece of work by dan brown....xoxo...peace..

Horriable horriable and horriable... I can't not believe that people paid for these book... I mean really money and now movies are being made of them...

A&D is a horriable book not because the topic because of the wroting and story telling... I think book should come with instruction on how to properly rip the pages out one at a time so it can be used to wipes one ass... either and elixar for time so one can regain the time spent reading or watching this horriable horriable book...

Dan Brown please stop writing go do sothing else....maybe testing experimentle parchutes would be a great job for you...

My goodness! I take it that you really really do not like Dan Brown. I have to admit that he's not everyone's cup of tea.

I need back up...
I was reading TDVC in an airport and a dude working there walked up to me asking if I was reading the book and if I understand it...

Later I told my mom over the phone that I read TDVC and that I was reading A&D

She was suprised...
I was 11 almost 12 at the time...

It does not seem suprising to me that I could understand it easily at the age >.<

Back