• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

1 great thriller and 1 bad one

I am just getting into the Sandford, Prey Series. Reading Eyes of PRey right now. I am excited to have a new author to read. The Prey books seem to have a darkness that Michael Connelly and Dennis Lehane have.

About the Alex Cross books, at one time they were my favorite. I recommend starting with Along Came a Spider and going in order from there. I have stopped reading around the time Cat and Mouse was released. For some reason, they did not seem to grab my attention anymore. It may have something to do with Patterson releasing so many books each year.

I just finished Dead Watch and it was great. Lots of action and suspense and for once I could not find any technical errors about firearms and tactical stuff in this book. Highly recommend this to anyone who likes political thrillers and mysteries. The bad one is a totally worthless thing called The Karaoke World of Courtous Haire. I bought it as it is partly set in thailand but it is one of the worst things I ever read. No point to it at all and although the author, Bjorn Turmann I think, claims to have lived in Asia a long time he must have never left McDonald's.

If you liked Finder's "Killer Instinct", you'll also enjoy his "Company Man". Another goody from him. I've read both and recommend them highly.

I might be in the minority but the first book from Joseph Finder I read was Power Play and I didn't like it at all. I was going to read his new I believe it's call Vanish but was hesitant because I didn't like Power Play one bit.

The great thriller is called The Solid Gold Buddha. It is another story setin Thailand and this one is about a heist but is one of the cleverest plots of any of these stories I ever read. There are really interesting characters and great suspense. It is written by W.H. Canaday. The bad bad one is The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. This is the stupidest thing I ever read. It is like he started to write it and then could not think of how to finish it but said, " I am Stephen King so I can write any kind of crap and people will buy it." I really liked his older stories like The Stand and The Shining, but this is just awful.

Post the title when you can. It may be a Virgil Flowers novel, in the Davenport series, John Sanford wrote Lucas as getting a gift certificate from his wife for itunes and Lucas was trying to make a list of songs to buy, well Sanford put his top 100 favorite songs in the back of the book, did you read that one?
That book started me on a quest for music and turned into a pretty fun hobby.( I tend to blather on, don't I?)

It's an underground phenomenon , every mystery nut that I know that has an affinity for the Lucas character is now working on their personal Top 100 List , my problem being how to limit it to just a 100 songs.

Back