• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

100 greatest guitar songs

Nice thread SFG,I am up to 13th song,and the only one I hadn't heard of was The Allman Brothers,on with the music...

Good list, even if the top 20 or so are as predictable as every RS list. And I mean, I like the Beatles and all, but to have THAT many Beatles tracks on a list of stand-out guitar songs? One Neil Young track, one Television track, one Sonic Youth track, not one Velvet Underground or Lou Reed track, and... what, half a dozen tracks of George Harrison playing competent Carl Perkins licks?

Definitely some nice stuff in there, and there are some nice... I'm not going to say surprises because they shouldn't be surprising, but at least songs recorded in the last 35 years or so. My Bloody Valentine, oh yeah.

I was surprised with Beat It being in there,not my favorite.
Not all were guitar greats in my opinon.

I was pleasantly surprised by Gravity-John Mayer.

Joan Jett rocked back then and still rocks to this day.

Her song I Wanna Be Your..has amazing guitar playing.Now that I think of it,most of her songs have great guitar playing.

Back