• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

5th Element

helgi

I'm a die hard Bruce willis fan, but I also think he's good in other movies, even including the 5th Element. It was alright, even though it's really like nothing but a montage of aliens and gunfights, as far as I can remember. But I understand that this movie is not taken seriously, and everyone seems to think it Bruce Willis's worst movie. Maybe so.

Lilou Dallas Mulltipass... I loved the movie and I know a lot of people that liked it...

I just wish they made another... big badda boom

I love this movie. I have the barebones DVD edition but would love to purchase the ultra-mega-extended special edition DVD I hear is out there.

I thought it was common knowledge that Bruce Willis's worst movie was Hudson Hawk.

I like The 5th Element. It's a fun, fast-paced, not meant to be taken seriously space opera.

Oh, it's quite horrible. If you saw it, you'll recall Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello singing "Swinging on a Star".
I must be the only person on this planet who likes Hudson Hawk. Over the top, self-referential, just plain whacky. My kind of picture.

The 5th Element was great fun, too.

The Fifth Element is great fun – OTT and very camp, but what can you expect when Jean-Paul Gaultier was costume designer?

I would say that, the presence of Willis and Chris Tucker apart (and how much of that casting was to ensure that it got a decent release in the US in particular?) it has a very European feel about it – the humour, the style etc – so it's perhaps not surprising to see it classed as a French film at www.imdb.com.

Very much one of my favourite sci-fi films.

I liked it too. It took me a bit the first time I saw it to realize what the style of the movie was and go with it, overcoming my preconception that would have led to disappointment.

I would describe the movie's style as campy-noir, set in the future. The background reminded me of Blade Runner. All in all, quite a cool flick.

I loved the 5th Element, it's one of my favourites, makes me laugh every time and I love the blue opera chicks voice. All the characters were perfectly cast.

Def not Bruce Willis' worst work, that was certainly Hudson Hawk.

Love the Fifth Element. Gary Oldman just rules and so does Chris Tucker - too hilarious. Bruce and Milla are so good too. Love Bruce's tongue-in-cheek and Milla kicks a$$! Yeah, and the blue opera chick really rocks. And please, can I have a car like those people? :)

is it really tongue in cheek? or tongue and cheek? I really want to know I'm not trying to make a joke.

It's a great film and actually I like Hudson Hawk too. His worst film by a mile is that awful erotic Color of Night film he made. Absolute pants.

I can see why some people didn't take this one so seriously, but I thought that it was a great movie.

Hudson Hawk is his worst movie and I don't think it is all that close a call. I liked The Fifth Element a lot though. It always reminds me of the movie Heavy Metal in that the main character starts out driving a cab, meets a beautiful redhead and battles evil the rest of the way. Both movies have mysterious/evil orbs that are important to the story too.

Back