• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A book for the wife.

greyhippo

I'm looking for a new book to buy my wife for her birthday.
She has recently read 'Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold and 'The Timetravellers Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger.
Could anybody recommend something along those lines ?

Judi Picoult seems to be the author I see the ladies reading on the trains at the moment - I can't remember the name of her latest book though. Some seem to think it's a pile of steaming crap while others like it.

I hope a book isn't going to be the sum of the birthday present... ;)

Stewart said:
Judi Picoult seems to be the author I see the ladies reading on the trains at the moment - I can't remember the name of her latest book though. Some seem to think it's a pile of steaming crap while others like it.

I'd rather the pile of steaming crap over another Picoult novel! Try Small Island, Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, The Shadow of the Wind, The Memory of Running or March. They have a variety of different plots, reading levels and literary value. If none of those suit, you can always go with the standby Ya-Ya Novel. There's a new one out, Ya-Yas in Bloom.

mehastings said:
I'd rather the pile of steaming crap over another Picoult novel!

Well, there you go...I'll sneak into the cabin tonight and announce it over the train.

Stewart said:
Well, there you go...I'll sneak into the cabin tonight and announce it over the train.

I think it's herd mentality. She's a bestselling author, her books must be good. Just beware they don't stampede into the cabin and kill you.

I think Jodi Picoult may be to me what Dan Brown is to you...

Back