• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

a DELETE BUTTON

Crystal

kickbox
umm, just wondered if it is possible to add another button to the post page. I mean there are only two buttons, quote and edit. considering that I sometimes tend to ramble strange things, I find I need to delete a post after i posted it and reread it, but only end up with editing or using that spoiler thing and cannot delete that post.

so, this might be another bothersome question. and I might want to delete this but no way to do it. :eek:

The vBulletin delete is done through the Edit button and then selecting Delete. If it's not there then it needs to be enabled. :)

You can ask a moderator - I think members are not allowed to delete because then you could be getting all kinds of strange discussion. If a discussion goes haywire because of one particular poster, all that person has to do is delete the post, and no one can blame him for anything.

I think.

Cheers

Martin said:
You can ask a moderator - I think members are not allowed to delete because then you could be getting all kinds of strange discussion. If a discussion goes haywire because of one particular poster, all that person has to do is delete the post, and no one can blame him for anything.

I think.

Cheers
That's the reason posts can't be deleted. They can be edited to read something like "mod please delete" or similar and we will clean them up from time to time.

Martin said:
If a discussion goes haywire because of one particular poster, all that person has to do is delete the post, and no one can blame him for anything.

In vBulletin2 that was possible. With vBulletin3 the deleted post remains visible to moderators and above with who deleted it and and a mandatory reason for its deletion. Moderators and above can restore it if they so wish.

Back