• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A diamond As Big As The Ritz, An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge, A Good Man Is Hard to Find

Do you read short stories regularly?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, between workin' and sleepin'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Classic Crews A Harry Crews Reader.jpg
I read a collection of short stories that included : Ambrose Bierce: An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, A Diamond As Big As the Ritz and A Good Man is Hard to Find but it is now lost somewhere in my book collection. I wanted to mention Diamond Big as the Ritz but couldn't remember who wrote it. Today I picked a book of F. Scott Fitzgerald short stories from my shelves and the first story is A Diamond As Big as the Ritz. I have all of these stories in other collections but I'd sure like to find the first book that included them all. I don't consider myself a "short story reader". I am a reader - and a book collector. I have found such rare gems in short story collections over the past few years that I find myself looking at short story collections. A Good Man is Hard to Find lead me to Flannery O'Connor - who then led me to Harry Crews (Southern Gothic similar to O'Connor but MUCH darker). As I am from the South, I have at least a passing reference to many of Crews characters - trailer trash, rednecks, folks who handle snakes in church and country folks at huge pot luck dinners and the wide collection of his other characters. I recommend him highly. You might want to start with Classic Crews. A Harry Crews Reader. Let me know what you think...

Back