• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Hurricane May Be Coming My Way...

-Carlos-

Now Tropical Storm Ernesto may become a cat 1 hurricane by the time it reaches my area. Power might be out for a week or so if we are lucky. Last year hurricane Wilma knocked out power for weeks. I hate hurricanes. Grrrrrrr. :mad:

115600W_sm.gif

I'm hoping and praying Ernesto stays a "mere" tropical storm AB:) Please keep us informed if you are able.

The streets today are packed with folks getting the last minutes goods and services (ice, gasoline and such) before the storm/hurricane strikes. My family is ready for Ernesto so I have some peace of mind.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you... I have friends in Sarasota who want my husband and I to move there, but I think y'all have too many hurricanes...lovely place to vacation though...

Be safe!!!

Honey, the weather forecasters barely have a clue about what these storms are going to do. They can't tell where they are going to land or how severe they will be. After Katerina, they will hype ALL the storms that might even approach the United States. As the storms get closer to landfall, the weather forecasters will have a much better idea about how bad the storm will be.

If the weather is worse than the weather forecasters say it will be, the weather forecasters get blamed for everything that happens, so they will always say that the weather "may be" the very worst. "Might be a category one hurricane, three days out" is weather forecaster hype for "we will probably get some rainy and windy weather here in a few days."

Stay safe, take the emergency precautions that they tell you take, and don't worry about this too much. Keep checking the weather forecast for the next few days. I'm not even sure if they know if Ernesto will go into the gulf of Mexico or up the Eastern coast.

Thanks everyone for your concern. We are getting lots of rain that's all. It is not as bad as I thought. The worse is yet to come though.

Looks like Ernesto saved all its rain for us. We have gotten over 2 inches of rain and it is still drizzling. Ernesto will hit us sometime late Friday or early Saturday. They are forecasting between 5 and 10 inches will fall. They are also calling for high winds with possibly some tornadoes.

If any of my oak trees fall I hope they go away from the house. :)

Dogma, are you getting any rain yet?

Back