• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A story told through letters... Please help

Collegereader

I read this book while in elementary school, about 10 years ago, but the thing is, it wasn't assigned reading so it wouldn't be on the curriculum list or anything. My teacher had brought it for anyone who forgot a book for silent reading time. There was such a demand among the girls, we actually had to take turns and check it out from him.
I remember that the story was told through love letters back and forth between these two people, and it was like a 3 book series then, I don't know if more were expected or not. The unusual thing about this book is that instead of just being in normal print, each page was a different envelope that you could open and take the letter out and read it.
I don't remember the plot or characters, I just remember the unique form of which it came, if anyone can help me I would truely appreciate it... Thanks in advance. :)

I don't recall the book you mention, but it does remind me of one that I read in Primary school which was about a postman delivering letters which were in a similar format.

were the letters and envelopes quite elaborate? i remember a series of books , well not really books, we had them in the gift section, that were letters, with addressed envelopes and pictures and included were postcards. i think last time i checked there were 4-5 in the series. i can see them but i can't for the life of me remember the name. i will though. i will call the bookstore i worked at and ask my old boss she will know.

i remembered!!!! griffin and sabine, by nick bantock. the reason i remember it being in the gift section was it was a boxed set which included stationary and postcards. i think there are 3 in the series. here is a link to his site here.

Never heard of that before but sounds a really interesting, beautiful, and original type of book. I just brought it from Amazon. :)

Wow

Oh my goodness... thank you, thank you, thank you, :D :D
That is the exact book, as soon as I saw the red bird on the cover I recognized it!!! Wow, I can't beieve it, thank you so much Jenngorham!! :D

Wabbit said:
Never heard of that before but sounds a really interesting, beautiful, and original type of book. I just brought it from Amazon. :)
*That* is what I'm looking forward to about a salary. The ability to see a book I want and just buy it... *sigh*.

I looked at it on Amazon too... I want, I want, I want!!!!!

Wabbit said:
Lack of money never stops me just buying things! :D

Actually it was only 2.94 second hand, so was ok :)
2.94?!? That's *awesome*!! I've never really understood how that second hand thing works...

Actually, the other reason I don't buy things at the moment is the thought of shipping it all home when I finish up in Canada. The idea of leaving books behind is not at all pleasant - so much so that it is better to just not buy them at all. Thank goodness I have a wonderful library!!

Collegereader said:
Oh my goodness... thank you, thank you, thank you, :D :D
That is the exact book, as soon as I saw the red bird on the cover I recognized it!!! Wow, I can't beieve it, thank you so much Jenngorham!! :D

no problem. *jenn the superherogorham flies off to other destinations to help those in need*

anyway they are lovely books. the idea of love letters, *sigh* i'm a sucker for them.

ooooh straight to the heart. i see i wasn't the only one graced with your empty comment. you've been whoring it out all over the forum.

I had forgotten all about these books, but I remember seeing them several years ago and thinking that they were quite beautiful. I too just went on Amazon and got a used set; $19 in excellent condition with the slipcase. It will be fun to see them again, and I'm glad someone brought them up and reminded me.

Back