• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ack!

abecedarian

My daughter Emily is trying to remember the title of an audiobook she listened to about a year ago. We'd like to find a printed copy of the book for my 11 year old son. It is a novel, set during the Industrial Revolution, by a male author. She thinks the title has the word "bone" or "bones" in it. The story is about a scientist who is trying to steal someone's research so he can reanimate the dead...wants to hatch dinosaur eggs. The main character is George, who works in a museum. Story opens with a break-in at the museum, with journals stolen. There's also a small child who is a pickpocket and a girl named Olivia who is the daughter of a retired clergyman. Em thought it was for older kids or YA. Does this ring any bells?

Mystery solved. Since Em borrowed the audio from our local library, I called to see if they had a record of everything she'd borrowed on her card. The dude couldn't find it, but he gave me an incredible link for those of us in Kansas that allows me to search by who, what, where, and when. I plugged in the mc's name, the location, the subject, and the time period(I can choose from a drop down menu or to type in my own). She was right about the word 'Collector', but not the word 'bone'. Bones were the subject...
Now we're looking at The Death Collector:D

PS: I'm saving this new site to my desktop, PDQ!

Back