• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Acolyte says hello

Acolyte

Hey, fellow readers!

I'm a recovering book hermit turned student and actor, whose busier life leaves less time for reading than he'd like, and who sometimes makes wild logorrheac stabs at writing that occasionally become poems. Even more rarely, they're worth showing to other people, and that's the main reason I'm here--to get commentary and feedback (good but more importantly bad, as criticism helps me improve) on my poetry.

I'm cheerfully cynical, my sense of humor is like a mixed drink--combining something as dry as vodka with something as tart and silly as grapefruit juice--and I talk way too much (and in the eyes of the Southerns among which I live, too fast). My endless amusement with the insanity of living doesn't usually come across in my writing, because more extreme emotions drive me to put pen to paper. I'm a sucker for natural imagery, especially wind and clouds, and I love dancing and all that it means.

To complete the personal-ad tone of that, I also enjoy candlelight dinners and long walks on the beach. And puppies. *grin*

Welcome to the forum..

I would be carefull about posting an personal-ad here, as we all know bookgeeks are know for being desperate people, and they'll stalk anything with a heartbeat.

By the way, what is so good about a candlelight dinner? I seem to recall that candlelights aren't really that tasty.

Enjoy your stay. :)

hay82 said:
I would be carefull about posting an personal-ad here, as we all know bookgeeks are know for being desperate people, and they'll stalk anything with a heartbeat.

Yes indeedy. ;) Welcome to Stalkers Anonymous, Acolyte. :)

Until they grow up and become holy horrors on four legs :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum Acolyte :)

Welcome to the forum. I enjoy walks on beaches and reading. I don't find time for much of that as I am a lion tamer, ninja, pirate, and space adventure!

aww, thanks, I feel so much more welcome.

Naturally, I'm all for the puppies-in-candlelight shish-kabobs.

Hi Acolyte!

Hope you like live puppies after all.

What's your opinion of Douglas Adams and all his books (I would not mention his other activities as I could not get to know them well enough for discussion)?

Douglas Adams (God rest his soul) was one of the funniest writers I've ever had the priviledge of reading. I mourned his passing. *sad smile*

But, like the reincarnated monster that hunts Arthur Dent, Adams's work lives on.

Hey there stranger, welcome to the forum :)

By the way people, Acolyte looks great in a kilt (trust me, I have proof), just make sure he's wearing something underneath :D

Phil

Acolyte said:
Douglas Adams (God rest his soul) was one of the funniest writers I've ever had the priviledge of reading. I mourned his passing. *sad smile*

But, like the reincarnated monster that hunts Arthur Dent, Adams's work lives on.

Not much...

OK, I like him and his works, imcluding both of Dirk Gently books...

Back