• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Adapting my novel into a film script.

bluebell

Hi all,
Any tips on the following would be appreciated. I have written a novel that I've been trying to get published for some time (without luck so far) I think the concept is very strong and would actually be really suitable for film. I have bought some books on script writing and have been working on adapting the manuscript into a script which I'm finding difficult but fun.
Has anybody out there ever done this that could give me a few tips on-
1. Adapting the novel
2. Selling the script (who is the best person to send it to in Ireland/UK)

I got a recommendation this company a while back -   - Home
They adapt books into films and even develop scripts from peoples ideas which was what an acquaintance of mine had done a while back. She is now seeking an agent to represent her.
Has anybody else had adaptations carried out by a third party before and do they think it’s worth while?

Thanks in advance.

No, I have not had that happen. I too am seeking an agent to get my book published and I would like to see it as a movie. I think you should first only focus on getting your book published...

Back