• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Admit it - you fart - and you love it

Motokid

Oprah had a doctor on the other day and they were talking potty habits and how it reflected your overall health.

Farting was part of the discussion.

On average, how many times a day do think the average person passes gas?

Who farts more often on average, men or women?

I don't know if this was the average American they were discussing, or the average person in general, but it was still funny. What's your guess, and if you heard about/or saw the show don't go blurting out the answer right away. I'd love to know what people think before they know what this doctor states as average. (I wonder how they came up with the number they got?)

Who doesn't like ripping off a good one at the appropriate time? Like right after your spouse gets into bed and you can yank the covers over their head and trap them in the dense, thick haze of pooooffff.... :D

Apparently, among the thousands of members of this forum, you are the only one, Moto! Oh! The places I could go with that!

I appreciate the sentiment, M., there used to me few things more satisfying (like finally getting to tinkle after having had to hold it for a very long time), but as I've aged, I've had to give up this small pleasure. The body doesn't work as it once did and I want to put off the move to adult diapers for as long as I can, which means one must exercise extreme caution in this matter.

As for the answers to the Oprah thing (oh how you disappoint me Mr. Kid), my little one has a book, from the same people who created "Everyone Poops," called "The Gas We Pass" and it contains the answers, so it would be fair for me play along.

We have "Everyone Poops" but missed "The Gas We Pass". I wish I'd have known about it though. Sounds like a real gas... :D

And please feel free to "go places" if you wish. I feel things need a lift 'round here.

Motokid, you do put up some very strange but interesting posts and I always look forward to reading them. This one was no exception. I don't know the answers to your questions but I do know that my present boyfriend 'let's one rip' all the time, as did my ex, so going by this I would say that the male species definately fart more than females. :rolleyes:

I never fart. Has something to do with the fact that I was never accepted into the circle of life club due to my hair, bad breath and my parents not knowing anyone on the committee.
Seing as I don't eat or drink, I don't fart, I won't ever die for that matter since that would mean I would be part of the club then. Man those in the Lion King really don't like me.

Besides that it's a common known fact that women never really fart. There you just hear small chimes and catch a faint smell of flowers.

hay82 said:
Besides that it's a common known fact that women never really fart. There you just hear small chimes and catch a faint smell of flowers.

That is very true Hay. And we don't poo either.
1.gif

Those that claim they don't, are usually the worst offenders....

(love the pooping icon...)

and Irene, if I ask for your aspersions how can you be accused of casting anything? You will always be my friend.

Come on people fess-up...you all fart...even Hay82....you all fart...there is no debate about that...

it's normal and healthy....how many times a day is the question?

Motokid said:
Come on people fess-up...you all fart...even Hay82....you all fart...there is no debate about that...
Actually Hay82 doesn't fart, unless you count brain-farts. Hay82 is the result of all the things I have written here on this forum. The person writing all these things does fart, no doubt about it. What answer exactly is it you want here? Do you want it in Liters of air?

It would be more like methane than air I believe, but no, just how many times a day....10, 20, 50 ????

each time a poot of gas leaves your lower regions is one fart

how many times a day on average, and who farts more, men or women

remember, this is averages according to doctor on Oprah

Is Oprah fat or thin at the moment? Everyone knows that fat people fart more than anyone.

I would have to say that how many times you fart a day, is a stupid way to look at it, and the variation ougth to be very big. I think it would be more correct to state it in how big an amount of gas you produce in the course of a day. I will say about ½ liter, since I have heard that mentioned somewhere. Oh, and that women fart as much as men.

"I would have to say that how many times you fart a day, is a stupid way to look at it, and the variation ougth to be very big."

I can only report on how they looked at the subject on Oprah. They were talking strictly number of times a day...

I fart, and they smell like flowers. I'm better at burping though. More lady-like and refined, don't you think?

I bet the Chinese are coming up with a system for drivers to run their cars on their own farts. Why can't we do that? In rural areas they already heat their woks by igniting pig farts.

There are plenty worse things to smell every day besides farts, whether or not they're yours.

Personally, if I fart in a public place, and if I'm with someone, I give a strange look at the person I'm with, so as to avoid blame. :D

Has anyone ventured a guess yet? I'm dying to know if Oprah's numbers match the numbers I have in my little book of gas.

Back