• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Advice please...

Delta_doh!

:confused:
I'm looking for a book for my sister (age 40 case that helps)...she has a long plane flight ahead...
she has asked me to find her something >but must be a really exciting read as she dosent read a lot and soon gets bored :eek: ...any ideas please..
Thanks

On the way to Nepal, I read Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf during the first leg (to Qatar). Exciting? Check. Epic? Check. Masterfully-written/translated? Check.

It's doubly worthwhile for Tolkien fans.

Themistocles said:
On the way to Nepal, I read Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf during the first leg (to Qatar). Exciting? Check. Epic? Check. Masterfully-written/translated? Check.

It's doubly worthwhile for Tolkien fans.
Seamus Heaney's translation of Beowulf ..
Many thanks :0)

Before I recommended something, I'd want to know what her interests were, and if there are books that she's enjoyed in the past.

What about Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code? For somebody that does not read a lot it might be perfect. It's a quick, easy fast read. It's bascially the book version of a popcorn mindless action movie :)

The book is about a chase across Paris and London to solve an ancient mystery.

Dare I say, what about some chick-lit? Some of it is quite good. I particularly like 'Working Wonders' by Jenny Colgan. It is based on the arthurian legend.

Back