• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ahoy mateys!

Angelini

I am brand-spanking new and thought I'd introduce myself. :D

I'm originally from Michigan but am living in London and have been here for the last three and a half years. I just finished an English Literature degree at university - I graduate in a week and a half, actually. I think that's about all for now.

Congratulations!, that is an accomplishment you never forget. Welcome to the board!. What do you like to read?:cool:

wow

that's awsome. London. 3 1/2 years? I thought there was some kind of limit as to how long you can stay in another country?

Hi SFG, I read fiction mainly, and just about any type of fiction. Right now I'm reading 'easy' things that I don't have to think much about - hence the re-reading of The Hobbit. People have been telling me what to read for the past three years, so it's really exciting being able to read whatever *I* want again!

Geisha - there is a time limit, unless you come from the EU or are a highly skilled migrant. Obviously I don't (and am not), so my student visa expires at the end of October. I was here for six months on a visitor's visa, then my student visa came through for the rest of the time. I am getting married so I will need to apply for a 'married person's' visa in order to stay here past Oct.

Back