• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alexander

Alexander III

Hi,

I'm Alexander and I'm 21 years old. I usually go by Alexander the Great on the Internet, because Alexander is always taken. I'd go for Alexander1507 then, since 15th July has a special meaning to me, but I've never liked having nicknames with numbers in them, and someone suggested Alexander the Great to me then. It seems to be two letters too long for this site, however. So I went for Alexander III, since Alexander the Great was Alexander III of Macedon.

I'm currently in college, studying to be a history and English teacher in secondary school, teaching kids from 12 to 16 mostly. I hope to be graduating at the end of January, and start a weekly course Saturday to get a degree so I can get a job at the library. I've loved that place all my life and I really want to work with books.

I obviously like reading, or I wouldn't be here. I'm a total addict and ever since I discovered cheaper bookstores in the city where I study three years ago, my bookcase is bursting. I haven't read most of them, however, because putting me in the library is like putting an alcoholic in a liquor store. I can't leave without a new book, and it keeps going on like that, and I don't get to read my own. I'm determined to do so soon, though.

Besides reading, I like to write myself. So far, I've mainly written fan fiction, but I have started my own story recently and have an idea for another. I keep track of the process of writing my story on a livejournal blog, but I haven't got much so far because I need to be in the mood and don't want to pressure myself.

I read almost anything. I'm not a fan of science fiction with strange monsters, but I do appreciate fantasy. I have a special interest in novels in a historical setting, since I'm very interested in history, especially since about 1450 - probably no coincidence that's when massive printing came up.

I also like photography, but don't actively pursue it. I have a digital camera that's not shabby by far, but not professional either. Especially nature and portraits intrigue me. I keep track of my photos on a tumblr, which leads me to my next interest: the internet. I spend quite some time online, communicating with people that have interests in common with me, since I can't find them IRL. I also like watching TV series and movies on my computer.

Besides all that, I get very contemplative moods and try to record my thoughts. I plan to keep track on that now with another blog. I'll probably be posting it on here as well.

That's all I can think of right now, but if you have any questions, shoot!

Hi Alexander. Welcome to Book & Reader!

That there is one of the few introductions we get that has paragraphs. :D

I loved reading Frankenstein. Read it for my undergraduate in literature a few years ago. :)

Welcome to Book & Reader Alex. Sounds like you've got an awesome career mapped out there.

Love Frankenstein too; it's an amazing book.

Thanks Polly Parrot and Will!

The career isn't set in stone, but I do like to have a general idea of where I'm going, and in general I just like having a plan. I'm not really one of those people who can just jump into the dark, unfortunately.

I've wanted to read Frankenstein for so long, so I'm glad I'm doing it now!

Back