• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alexandre Dumas- Robin Hood - Ivenhoe

Marlon

Hello,
due to my assumption that my request for some kind of book in another thread went down after I was satisfied with some other books which were recommended to me I want to ask for these books twice.

1.) Does somebody know a good translation of the books " Twenty Years After" and " The Vicomte de Bragelonne" by Alexandre Dumas ?

2.) Are there good books about Robin Hood ore Ivenhoe? ( I do not mean scholarly literature but novelistic)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jennifer Roberson wrote a few novels about the Robin Hood mythos. I only read the first, Lady of the Forest, but I recall it as being quite good. You could also try Stephen R. Lawhead's series; haven't read those so can't tell you how good or bad they are.

How about, well, en.wikipedia.org/wiki?
Well, I am also able to look at what wiki writes^^
But it reminded me of the fact Walter Scott being the author^^

Jennifer Roberson wrote a few novels about the Robin Hood mythos. I only read the first, Lady of the Forest, but I recall it as being quite good. You could also try Stephen R. Lawhead's series; haven't read those so can't tell you how good or bad they are.
Thank you. I took a look at the book. It seems quiet good but regarding the cover I wonder if this is a love story?
Can you tell me if I am right or if this is also an exciting book for men?

Here you go marlon

[/IMG]

Has for been able to look at wiki,you could try to read the forum,or even search it.
and miracle in historical fiction you get this.

bookandreader.com/forums/f49/king-raven-trilogy-18376.html
Ähm, regarding the first book: Good joke^^
I have probably expressed myself badly. I do not want to do the macho, but I do not want to order a Robin Hood novel and find out while reading that it is a love story either.

Your second advice is funny: You do not want to read the triology because your brother adviced against it but you suggested it to me^^

Thank you. I took a look at the book. It seems quiet good but regarding the cover I wonder if this is a love story?
Can you tell me if I am right or if this is also an exciting book for men?

I recently looked at the new cover--horrible. I could see why you'd think it's a Harlequin-type romance; although there is a love story between Robin and Marian, it is not the novel's main plotline.

And like I said, Stephen R. Lawhead has written two well-received novels based on the legends. So if Roberson doesn't end up being to your taste . . .

I recently looked at the new cover--horrible. I could see why you'd think it's a Harlequin-type romance; although there is a love story between Robin and Marian, it is not the novel's main plotline.
Thank you. This calms me down a lot. I will order this novel.

Back