• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

All Things Dexter

But I'm not finished trashing the first book. :D

Carry on! Its going to take a while before anyone plucks up the courage to read the rest :D

Why do you think the author entirely failed to explain how the corpses of his brother's victims were bloodless? Obviously given Dexter's personal history this lack is what is so attractive to his psyche .... but the lack of an explanation in the rather hurried final chapter ... actually there are a lot of explanations missing in the book now that I think of it.

I think he kind of half heartedly and vaguely explained the whole no blood thing by having one of the medical people mutter something about cold and the people being frozen... :p

But then when the corpse unfreezes there is blood again because it doesn't just magically disappear .... and in the timeline of the killing impossible. A refrigerated truck just keeps stuff cold - it doesn't flash freeze the body. It would take hours for a body to freeze sufficiently ... and it still wouldn't get rid of the blood.

Last edited:
This is true... The"explanation" felt like he had suddenly thought, 'hey I need to explain this...' and gave a half thought out answer that doesn't make any sense.

But then when the corpse unfreezes there is blood again because it doesn't just magically disappear .... and in the timeline of the killing impossible. A refrigerated truck just keeps stuff cold - it doesn't flash freeze the body. It would take hours for a body to freeze sufficiently ... and it still wouldn't get rid of the blood.

They have the killer hang the victims upside down, much like slaughtered animals, in the series, which makes for a more plausible setting.

I'll get to reading part two once I've finished my book about a hitman hiding in Reykjavik.

but even with that the time line is off - at least according to the time line in the book. There was insufficient time between the killing and dumping of the bodies - merely hours which is far too little time to drain a body of blood which takes a minimum of 3 days for a deer so I'm assuming people take more or less the same amount of time.

Back