• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Allo Allo! Ish the Newbie, Periwinkle Pixy! ^_^

Periwinkle Pixy

Yeah, ok. Sorry. Had to succumb to a short but nearly fatal burst of spontaneous cuteness :p

I'll make this fairly short since I've basically posted all my main info in the bio part of the profile. It happened one night when I was homesick and missing my best friend (I recently moved) who I used to dicuss books with all the time. I had been reading an Elizabeth Peters book and I came across a very fun paragraph and the first thing that came to mind was: "I can't wait to tell Lana!" and then I (sadly) remmembered that we could not get into a lengthy dicussion of the book and characters because she now lives halfway round the world. :(
Then the next day I was surfing the internet when it struck me: why not find others to discuss books with this summer? And it was a real "Duh" moment then folks, cause I have been surfing the internet for ages, and this had JUST occured to me as a possible course of action. Sure enough, I stumbled across this site, and now I'm eager to spend some time on it!

So hopefully y'all will be seeing me around. This has been, and will continue being:

~Periwinkle Pixy

P.S. Looking for some possible buddy list-additions who love well plotted fantasy/historical fiction and funny characters... :D

Thanx for the niceties ^_^.

Ice said:
What authors do you like?

Well, at the moment I'm in an Elizabeth Peters Phase, though I do enjoy authors like Garth Nix, Tamora Pierce (Well, I did when I was in fourth grade, and so it's more of a nostalgic liking) Meg Cabot (secret pleasure), and Douglas Adams.

You?

Umbrella said:
Thou be greeted, human being!
Your nickname reminds me of a band I love.

Really? What's the name?

Oh, I like your siggie btw. I know that's shakespeare, but I can't remmember which play! One of my favorite lines that is actually in one of his works as well:

"Eat my leek."

At least that's what the drama teacher says to be true, but I have yet to come across it... -__-;

Welcome Periwinkle Pixy! :)
So what funny paragraph was it that you wanted to share with Lana? :p

Maya said:
Welcome Periwinkle Pixy! :)
So what funny paragraph was it that you wanted to share with Lana? :p

"With considerable emotion I said,'I am the most fortunate of women , my dear Emerson.'
'Damn right,' said Emerson. 'Oh-- by and by, Peabody-- you are the light of my life and the joy of my existence.'
'Damn right,' I said."

:D

Back