• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

And I Don't Want to Live This Life:Deborah Spungen

Libra

Going through some boxes in my garage,I found this book.It has to do this the murder of Nancy Spungen.

"And I Don't Want To Live This Life is a non-fiction book written by Deborah Spungen. Published by Random House in 1983, it is about her daughter, Nancy Spungen, who was allegedly killed by Nancy's boyfriend, Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols at the Chelsea Hotel."

Anybody heard of it?

I read it a very very long time ago. Just the other day I was thinking about it, as two of my kids were talking about how great Sid was and they wondered why I turned a funny shade of green...:lol:

I am really not into this kind of reading,I am pretty sure reading it through will not be the kind of book that gives me joy in the end so it will probably be donated.What was your take on it?

As I recall, I believe Nancy's mother was trying to come to grips with how her daughter wound up dead this way. She laid the background by talking about her difficulties dealing with Nancy as a child, and I think she said something about believing she'd been damaged at birth..I want to say there was some sort of incident..can't remember exactly..It was probably 25 years or so ago.

Back