• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Andre Norton?

pgtr

Hello - am new to this forum and after searching through various posts thought I'd ask a few ?s for assistance. I'm not a seasoned SciFi/Fantasy reader but am a long time reader of Tolkien, Clark, Farmer to name a few...

I've been noticing a lot of older SF books by Andre Norton in the used bookstore - was wondering if anyone had any particularly strong opinions about this author good or bad. Is this good classic SF or is there a reason so many of these books avail used?

thanks,

I've only ever read one book by Norton but it was very good, althogh a little dated. It is called Time Traders. Hope this helps.

Andre Norton wrote prolifically for decades. She died a few months ago and was in her 90's. I think she started writing in the 50's and was still writing at the time of her death. So, it stands to reason her books are widely available in the USBs . I loved Operation Time Search, Merlin's Mirror, and The Jargoon Pard. Her The Last Planet was one of the very first SF novels I ever read. I was in the 6th grade at the time, and soon progressed to the fantasy genre, where I've been hooked since. I credit Ms Norton with passing that love of the unusual to me. Here's her website:
http://www.andre-norton.org/

Back