• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

anyone anticipating any summer movies?

bebe

kickbox
I'm so looking forward to Road to Perdition, with Jude Law!!!! :D *oh, and those other two guys...tom hanks and paul newman* He's such a good actor, and plus he's so cute! *he should've won that oscar for ripley, by the way* I can't wait til July 12th!! -B

So, does anyone else have a celebrity obsession? :p

humm never heard of that movie

i think the best i'll be doing this summer will be the new Scooby Doo movie lol

Well, I have not managed to see Blade II yet (only seen a bad DVD-rip-off).
I really want to see that one!

sigh...friday never seemed so far away!!

I'm just writing this to console myself (although it doesn't seem to work :() while i eagerly await road to perdition with *Jude Law*! i must sound like a pretty creepy person with all this obsession over one person, but if you think I'm crazy, go read Toby's posts in the ava's thread...who knew people could be addcited to mercury? -B

did anyone see jude on letterman? *sigh*~ happiest moment of the week, people...happiest moment of the week. and yes, say what you may about me, but please don't judge my lifestyle (trust me, it is defintely not this dull) because right now there is nothing, nothing to do around here....people are gonna jump down my throat for saying this but i wish i had a job!!!! (beats going to those awful swim classes) -B

somebody, please....say something interesting!! :( my brain is on neutral right now!! (and it doesn't help when you're doing backstroke...don't ask)

just saw road to perdition....

...and boy, was it a good movie! best 10 bucks i could spend on any movie this year (the only one, in fact...i'm a total cheapskate :p ) i recommend this movie to anyone who is looking for a really entertaining yet emotionally touching movie. jude law was kinda gross with yellow teeth and a balding hairline, but he's hot nonetheless ;). If you haven't heard about it, here's a little synopsis from yahoo: :D

In Depression-era Chicago, hit man Michael O'Sullivan (Tom Hanks) is known to friends and enemies alike as the "Angel of Death". Uncompromising in his work, O'Sullivan is just as devoted to his private life as an upstanding husband and father of two young boys. But when those worlds collide, taking the lives of his wife and younger son, O'Sullivan and his surviving son leave their sedate home life behind and embark on a startling journey of revenge. -B

everybody go see this movie! it's serious oscar material...

I agree with you! i saw RTP this weekend, and i betcha it gets a bunch of oscar nods. Only Jude Law is able to remain sizzling with thinnning hair, long fingernails ,yellow teeth, and a fish like stance ( see the movie people, it will make it all clear.)
but a word of advice- dont watch this movie within a week of watching the Godfather, its just to much mafia to handle!

Mama sounds interesting. Side Effects too. Then I read the words "starring Kerri Russel" and my computer automatically hit Ctrl+4.

Sorry, Ctrl+F4. "Close tab."

But anyway, I had a second quick look and damn, everyone's trying to quickly cash in on the Twilight craze before its readers grow up, aren't they? Zombie romances, ffs?

On second thought, Night Of The Living Dead Part III is a zombie romance, and I liked that one. But somehow I doubt they're going for that.

No idea what's supposed to hit the big screen in summer, but right now I'm looking forward to All Things to All Men, starring Rufus Sewell, Gabriel Byrnes and Toby Stephens. UK premiere is scheduled for end of February.

Despicable Me 2. I had no expectations for the first one and was really surprised by
how much I liked it.

Are you that bored that you dragged up a ten year old thread? ;)

I thought no one else would catch on. :whistling:

Django Unchained is on in my town, might grab some :popcorn: and see what all the controversy is about. Then again, I might go see a local college basketball game-much cheaper.

I dunno what the summer movies are to say...but I did read a list a while ago and it didn't impress me all that much.

Back