• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

anyone fancy answering my short book survey? :-)

Hello everyone!

My name is Louisa Scott and I am a student at the University of Derby on a BA Creative Writing course. I am currently researching for my Independent Studies project, in which I am trying to find out more about what it is that makes people buy a book, and what are the best techniques used by authors/publishers in order to ensure maximum sales. I have devised a brief questionnaire asking what it is exactly that makes you pick up that book. I'm not sure if I can attach a file to this message so could I just ask that if anybody is willing to answer my questionnaire (it's literally five questions) could you possibly drop me an email at louisascott@hotmail.com and I'll send you it?I don't know if I'll get any repsonse from this but i guess it's worth a try! Any answers at all would be hugely appreciated, thank you very much

Hi.
It is an interesting question, though I think there is even a more interesting ones: why people read, why they read what they read, and what does reading to people?
I may like to see your questions (though my answers hardly help you - here in Russia not all is the same as in the west, but I am too lazy to send messages.
I think if you just copied your questions from your Word file to here - that would have done the trick, and you would surely got some responces.

louisascott said:
a BA Creative Writing course.

I had no idea such things existed. I always thought they were those little diddy things (such as I'm doing) that colleges and universities offered as night classes.

Stewart said:
I had no idea such things existed. I always thought they were those little diddy things (such as I'm doing) that colleges and universities offered as night classes.

Really? It was a concentration in the English Major at my school. However, as a Master's it had its own department. Perhaps that's why our authors are so much better than Scotland's... ;)

Back