• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone here a fan of the Monkey Island games or.....

RobertFKennedy

the other old LucasArts point 'n' click games?

I hadnt played any of them for yeas but have no managed to dowload MI1 and it's magic. :)

I enjoy the Monkey Island games. Are you using SCUMM to play it, since your mention software? If not, look it up, there are other similar games from the heydey of the Graphic Adventure (Flight of the Amazon Queen and Beneath A Steel Sky spring to mind) and, if you visit Adventure Game Studio you'll find an amateur community making these games. The King's Quest remakes are worth playing, in addition to a few more.

Aye Stewart, SCUMM is what I'm using. Having a bit of trouble with Indiana jones and the Last Crusade though, I cant get it SCUMM to recognise it.

Playing through MI1 just now and downloading Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

and cheers for the link. It's a real shame that point n click is now dead. if it's not about blasting people/zombies/robots with guns and lazer beams the publishers dont want to know.

Yes yes yes! I love Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and DOTT! I have every game of these series in german and now I want to buy the original versions.

Oh yes!! I have played all of the Monkey Island games. I actually have the original games on a CD in my computer, then I also have the newer one as well. I loved them because they were just so wacky, and great puzzle games.

Day of the Tentacles was also really fun as well. Much along the same lines, I think it was a sequel to a game they had on nintendo that I can't remember the name of.

I liked the Monkey Island game that I played (I think it may have been the one about the curse of le Chuck or something similar) but I wasn't fanatical about it.

Other Lucasarts point 'n' click games that I've liked are Maniac Mansion (which Day of the Tentacle is a sequel to) and Full Throttle (plan to purchase this when I've finished Planescape Torment which I'm currently playing).

At Abandonia you can find old adventure/point 'n' click games that aren't sold anymore. There's also links to resources for emulating dos for the games that aren't compatible with windows.

Cheers for the links guys. Walhey, on that link you've given me I note that certain games are "esa protected" and unavailable for download.

There must be a way of getting them. I'll try Limewire but if anyone has alink to a dowloadable version of broken Sword 1 or 2 that'd be great.

Cheers.

\m/!!

Currently trying to find a platform for Linux so I can play Monkey Island on my linux box. If I don't find it soon, I will be forced to adapt to Windows again.

Perhaps it's just me but I feel that games were longer when you didn't have the aid of all the information internet. The temptation can be so strong, especially for games such as Monkey island or the Discworld games where the logic can be absurd.

The friend that I played Full Throttle at many years ago got stuck in it for a whole different reason. At the part where you duel against some other fellow on a motorcycle you're supposed to attack him with the second mouse button but his mac mouse only had one button.

Most of the games that aren't available for download on Abandonia are possible to purchase because the games have been redistributed.

The two first Broken Sword games are available in the 'Sold Out' campaign for reasonable prices for example.

But they're still likely to be found illegally on the internet.

The games on Abandonia probably aren't legal but morally I consider it legal since there's no other way of trying to acquire the games other than hoping to find a second hand copy.

kjaerleik said:
\m/!!

Currently trying to find a platform for Linux so I can play Monkey Island on my linux box. If I don't find it soon, I will be forced to adapt to Windows again.

Scumm works on linux. If you have problems you could also just use a windows emulator.

Managed to download this as well and have nearly completed it. One of the best games ever. :)

fategame.jpg

Back