• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

AP english paper on the heart of darkness

KdashRoe

Okay, I need help on finding examples to support the motif, that stresses the importance of eavesdropping, in the heart of darkness by Joseph Conrad.

This is what I got from sparknotes, Observation and Eavesdropping
Marlow gains a great deal of information by watching the world around him and by overhearing others’ conversations, as when he listens from the deck of the wrecked steamer to the manager of the Central Station and his uncle discussing Kurtz and the Russian trader. This phenomenon speaks to the impossibility of direct communication between individuals: information must come as the result of chance observation and astute interpretation. Words themselves fail to capture meaning adequately, and thus they must be taken in the context of their utterance. Another good example of this is Marlow’s conversation with the brickmaker, during which Marlow is able to figure out a good deal more than simply what the man has to say.

I just need some specific examples.

Thank you!

Tsk. Tsk. Asking us to do your homework.
nono.gif

Back