• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are there any good horror writers anymore?

silverdaddy

I mean writers that scare tha pants off of you. I remember reading Stephen Kings Pet Cemetary, and couldn't turn the light off to go to sleep lol. I mean that kind of scary.

I have never read a book that scared me....I think it has to do with if a book CAN scare you at all.But The Girl Next Door defiantly made me feel odd while reading it.....just not right.....However that the only Jack Ketchum book i have read.

I think some people can be scared by a good horror book. Unfortunately I don't think I am one. I mean, I have read some King books that had parts that creeped me out a bit or had some spooky scenes, but I never got "scared". But even horror movies don't scare me, other than the occasional, and short lasting, cheap startle where something jumps out of the dark.

Books can make me laugh, cry, get angry, and a whole host of other emotions. But they don't seem to be able to scare me. It is a shame really, I miss that thrill I had when I was a kid of being scared by watching a horror movie. Even nowadays jumping out of planes or riding the biggest roller coasters don't quite give me that thrill of fear.

Maybe I have become desensitized.

Horror or scary?

I just read "Lessons from an Evil Mind" The book is greatly detailed and yes I will admit scared the heck out of me. I wont say what the book is about (don't want to spoil it) But it really is worth reading. There was a few nice parts in it, but just a few...
I am also looking for something new to read, but everything I pick up doesn't grab my attention like the horror in this book did.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back