• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Atlas Shrugged Part 2

Mr. A

Atlas Shrugged Part 2 (part 2 of 3, of a film based upon Ayn Rand’s novel Atlas Shrugged) will be out in select theatres on Oct. 12th, 2012.

I intend on seeing it in the theatres probably sometime that opening weekend.

Here is the website:
Atlas Shrugged Movie (Official Site)

I really enjoyed Part 1, and am excited about going to see Part 2.

I would have to agree that part 1 was good. I bought it off of Itunes and watched it yesterday. I will probably do the same with Part II, no theater around me carries it, I'd have to drive 70 miles in order to see it.

I would have to agree that part 1 was good.

I might start a thread on that Part, because I have much to say about it.

Here is another clip out on it:

Atlas Shrugged Part 2 Clip: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse - YouTube

Though I prefer the first Rearden and first Dagny, Im sure I will get used to the new ones. This new Dagny, the black and white dress looks nice on her.

It come out this Friday. I intend to see it over this weekend sometime.

There's a fine line between admiring someone and worshipping them.

If Ayn Rand were here today she would tell these movie makers to cease and desist immediately. And I know that you guys have read Atlas and you know that these low budgent movies bear no resemblance to her book. The movies are an anti-Obama screed, and while some interpret Atlas as an anti-Roosevelt screed, that isn't true, it's more of an anti-big government message.

Go back and look at the old Ayn Rand interviews and tell me - who does she think is more of a threat to America - conservatives or liberals? She was very clear and explicit that conservatives are a bigger threat to American liberty. This movie adaption is pandering to tea party activists at a time when they feel vulnerable.

There is a meme floating around on the web that is a spoof of Ayn Rand's philosophy. It shows a small child pulling his toys to himself and text stating, "SHARING IS FOR LOSERS". Now, of course it's meant to be funny, but it is misrepresenting Rand's philosophy. There is no more of a sharing person on the earth than Ayn Rand was. She opened her home to an artist who was unable to support himself. That was her choice, her objection was the government dictating who she was supposed to share with.

Anyway, my point is to take a philosopher, whether it's Ayn Rand or Socrates, in their entire context. Don't just pull out the stuff that appeals to you. And that goes for a philosopher's detractors, don't just look at the things that you disagree with. Study the whole. I've only seen the first movie, and I will not see any more of them. They do not represent Ayn's philosophy. They are a contemporary political statement.

. And I know that you guys have read Atlas and you know that these low budgent movies bear no resemblance to her book.

No resemblance? I will post my review of Part 1 soon, by starting a different thread on it.

Just got back from having the pleasure of watching this film. It was only me and two others in the movie theatre. I went to the 10:05am showing. Cost: $5.00. Worth: Much more nonmonetary value..

I thought it was excellent. The essense of non-objective law was described, the money speech I thought the essence remained intact, Rearden's courtroom speech the essence remained intact, when Daniels said that the State Science Institute was a State Institute without the science made me laugh...

Dagny is very pretty, she isn't as slender as the first one, but the extra pounds on her figure did not take away from her attractiveness at all, but added to it a nice plump rump, full lips, her hair cut reminds me of Sylvia Plath(esp. Paltrow's when she played her role in Sylvia.

Less drinking in this this one (as Dr. Hsieh will probably note that), nice action scenes, hough you can tell it's digitized in a lot of it, didn't always pass as 'real looking'. I don't understand the beginning with the plane chase, why the **** waste precious minutes on showing it then and retuning to it towards the end showing some of it again?

Daniels fit the the part, I thought the first Lillian was perfect cast for the role, but this one I had to get used to the most as the movie played on. Rearden and Dagny, Willers, I got used to the new cast very quickly, and enjoyed them, and still enjoyed the first ones, too.

Cheryll was played well, I like how hero worshippy she was when she recognized Taggart at the store.

Of course there were changes made, but they are trivial, at least to me. Seeing ONCE AGAIN IN THIS PART, AS IN THE FIRST PART OF THIS FILM, the MORAL/PHILOSOPHICAL essences, the theme, characterization of the novel remains respectably intact, at least to me.

I did not even stop to ask myself - "should I wait and just rent it on the Kindle Video Store?, borrow it from the lbrary?, buy it later? to watch? After having watched Part 1, it was out of the question. I thought in the expediancy of the moment, I thought NOW.

Back