• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Author: Most Read...

I have read 10 Harlan Coben books...That would be the most.
I have read from him:

Tell no one
Darkest Fear
No Second Chance
Promise Me
The Woods
Just one Look
The innocent
Gone for good
One false move.
The final detail.

Love him
Lani

I have read 10 Harlan Coben books...That would be the most.
I have read from him:

Tell no one
Darkest Fear
No Second Chance
Promise Me
The Woods
Just one Look
The innocent
Gone for good
One false move.
The final detail.

Love him
Lani

Tell no one is an awesome novel!

Robert Jordan or Clive Cussler for me - I don't have the exact number for either, so I'm not sure. I'm not even close to being done with Cussler, either, so he'll probably win out in the end.

Looking at my bookshelves, either John Saul, Dean Koontz, or Stephen King. A lot of the books by one author I own are long series, like the Sword of Truth series or the Dresden Files series.

Im in the process of cataloguing all of my books, and it looks like I've read three authors more than any others (mind you, this goes back almost twenty years):

John Saul
John Sandford
J.R.R. Tolkien

I've also read a lot of books by Stephen King, all of Jane Austen's, and several of Dickens's.

I hate to say it because it makes me sound like a raving fangirl when I say it (and I am most certainly not), but the author whose books I have read the most of has been Stephen King. I tapered off when it came to his books after Hearts In Atlantis, but I occasionally pick one up every now and then to give it a try.

Yep - same here. I too have tapered off his books though. I used to buy the hardcovers as soon as they came out, but now I just borrow them from the library when I get around to it. :rolleyes:

When I was a child, my most read author would have to be Enid Blyton. Loved The Famous Five series; just loved it! :D

As a child: Enid Blyton.
As a teenager: Charles Dickens, possibly.
As an adult: Vladimir Nabokov or Margaret Atwood or Bill Bryson. Possibly 5 or 6 of each.

Ed McBain, about 20 followed by Ian Rankin's Rebus series where I am reading the latest one, about number 13 I think.

I'm ashamed to say it's Danielle Steel because they were the only books available when I was younger. I'm a guy.

I'm amazed to say it, but I think Stephen King is my most-read author, too. When I was younger I read quite a few of his 'horror' novels, and I finished The Dark Tower series a few months ago. Though I don't have any desire to read any of his new scary stuff, I think he'll be my #1 for a while. I try to read a large variety of authors now instead of sticking to one.

My second is Jeff Noon who, sadly, hasn't written anything in some time. Although I'm not entirely sure I would like his style anymore ...

I'm amazed to say it, but I think Stephen King is my most-read author, too. When I was younger I read quite a few of his 'horror' novels, and I finished The Dark Tower series a few months ago. Though I don't have any desire to read any of his new scary stuff, I think he'll be my #1 for a while. I try to read a large variety of authors now instead of sticking to one.

I was stuck on King for a while also. One day I packed up all his books and began reading other authors. It was just that simple. :D

I would have to say Raymond E. Feist, Or Robert Jordan just through pure repetition I own stacks of their novels and when I run out of everything I end up falling back on them, and once I start a series (riftwar, serpentwar, the wheel of time) I will almost always read all the way through I would say have read the riftwar saga about 15 times and the wheel of time about 10.

yes I know I am a SF nerd.

I see john saul listed a lot that surprises me to death I think he is one of the lamest authors I can think of. I read 2nd child a bit back and was so incredibly disappointed by the end that I threw the book in the trash, and i wasn't even mine. He wrote one of the most disturbing antagonist I think I have ever read and a dark little story, then polishes it off with a anti climactic 9 page ending that didnt explain or describe a dang thing then lets the "poor little rich girl" come back and join the snobbish society that he spent the whole book debasing. Granted I dont know if he got better or wrote anything that didnt stink but I was turned for life by that one.

Back