• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Author of Bin Laden raid book goes into hiding.

Back to the topic at hand...I almost wonder if this is a publicity stunt in order to garner interest in the book. Its not something I would choose to read under normal circumstances, but now my interest is piqued and I might go look for it.

Alix
I almost wonder if this is a publicity stunt in order to garner interest in the book. Its not something I would choose to read under normal circumstances, but now my interest is piqued and I might go look for it.

Nope, not a publicity stunt. The government complained because the book had yet to be vetted and could have revealed confidential information. It is also controversial because it runs counter to the government's narrative as to how Osama had his head split like a melon. Interestingly enough, the other Navy SEAL team members do not share his account of how things went down.

I have no respect for the author.

My wallet is staying firmly in my pocket.

No kidding! I wouldn't even waste my local library's resources by requesting this through inter library loan. besides The Dehydrator's Bible is much more useful:whistling:

Peder & Abec, maybe this version of the story will interest you:

No Easy Op: The Unclassified Analysis of the Book Detailing The Killing of OBL (SOFREP World Report) Note: Prime members can read it for free on their Kindle.

No Easy Op has been written by sofrep.com, a web site for former Special Operations team members.

Brandon Webb, a former SEAL sniper who founded the site, said that the book was the product of conversations he and others had with serving members of the bin Laden team, although none of them are identified.

Talking to the New York Times, Mr Webb refused to say whether Bissonnette was involved in No Easy Op, even though he has spoken to him in the past.

For some reason, there is a strong sliver of anti-democrat sentiment in the military. It was that way during the Clinton years as well. This marginal fraction should be taken with a good dose of skepticism.

For some reason, there is a strong sliver of anti-democrat sentiment in the military. It was that way during the Clinton years as well. This marginal fraction should be taken with a good dose of skepticism.

That should not be surprising since the military isn't supposed to be a Democracy. Or, if you mean Democrat (as in not Republican), all you need to do is look at the makeup of the military to get the answer to that.

How does this apply to the story at hand?

That should not be surprising since the military isn't supposed to be a Democracy. Or, if you mean Democrat (as in not Republican), all you need to do is look at the makeup of the military to get the answer to that.

How does this apply to the story at hand?

Run of the mill opposition is to be expected, organized groups who state they will disobey the commander in chief is quite another. And yes, the author of the book didn't want Obama to get re-elected due to the killing of Bin-Laden. The insinuation that this author just has his own view of things devoid of political intent is truly naive.

Back