• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Authors A-Z

Stine, R.L. *lol* :D sorry for ruining the whole *serious* author thing....anyone who has a better author can totally post it...I just think somebody who was like the bestselling author in America at one time should at least get some recognition. :p -B

Mark Twain

Sam Clemens, who took his nom de plume from the depth soundings on the Mississippi River. (Nice cameo in an ST:TNG double episode, too!.)

Just got through his Tales, Speeches, Essays and Sketches, published in the UK by Penguin, after about six years. Good chap, all round.

The mysterious Dr.X!!! lol :p ...i'm sorry i'm a little giddy right now. i'll have to calm down later. -B

Well, I haven't read anything by this fellow here, but he's won the Nobel Prize in Literature (in 2000 I think it was), so I guess he can't be all that bad (and we gotta keep the game going, right? What kind of a book forum would this be if we couldn't even come up with 26 writers? ;))

Xingjian, Gao

I am cheating..

Yevgeny Zamyatin

famous for writing "We" written in 1920 and published in 1924, the first ever distopian ever written prior to Brave New World and 1984. If you enjoyed those books you will definately enjoy this less known one , less known because of the censorship he suffered under Stalin era. Zamyatin was quite the leader of a literary resistance in Russia and reached a point where he was basically unable to publish anything I think by the 1930's and went into voluntary exile.

I first came accross him when I was doing the usual book browsing at the book store. I was hooked :D

Ooops...

I usually miss about fourteen posts. I'll get the hang of it around here -- after all, I once tread The Green Mile (albeit with some trepidation, I must admit...)

;)

would it be committing a forum sin to initiate titles a-z? i enjoyed this thread, and i don't want it to end. :p

"all's well that ends well" by his shakespeare-ness

;)

no sin committed! And when we're through with titles, we can begin again with authors again, but with no repeats!

B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton

Back