• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Author's Choice

ions

Chapters, Canada's largest book retailer promotes books with 'Choice Lists'. iRewards Member's Choice, Teacher's Choice, etc. They're lists created by surveys. Author's Choice is the newest 'Choice' feature and easily the most interesting.

I would guess they'll have more authors weigh in but right now the list of participating authors is short and rather Canadian. Both Douglas Coupland and Wayne Johnston, two authors I enjoy, rate Cloud Atlas highly. It was already on my TBR list but it's moved closer to the top now.

Nice. Reminds me of one of my favorite features in Pages magazine, where they ask writers what they're reading and listening to at the moment. Of course, they're just folks too, so I don't have to agree with their choices, but I think it is interesting to see what they recommend anyway.

Back